Friday, November 9, 2007

When Fate Intervenes


I was suppose to attend this show on Thursday night with my BFF Rage. But United fooled him into thinking he had more time and he arrived at the airport in time to watch the flight leave. I was feeling tired as well that night decided against going stag and managed to sell my tickets at the very last minute. There was a second show on Friday but i was committed to a date that night and it is not me to flake.

On waking up Friday morn. I received an email from my date- flaking! "A rare situation," he said. Disappointed of course for my lack of plans on a Friday night- my mind quickly shifted to checking for tickets for The Swell Seasons' Friday show. And score! I got them. So me and Rage was on again. I'm glad the date flaked (though i'm still struggling with emotional repercussions on that part), coz i would file this show as one of my highlights of the year.

It's quite odd when the set list is all from a soundtrack! But Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are truly gifted musicians and sound even more amazing live. A true entertainer is one who can engage everyone in the audience, make them sing, make them stay quite, make them talk. Glen is one of those entertainers.

No comments: