Saturday, April 26, 2008

Coachella Day 2

On day 2, i missed MGMT. How sad, as usual the tent was packed to the brim, I caught the tail end of "Time to Pretend". I really really wanted to see them. I guess i should make sure my wishes are known a little sooner. Since i was there, I stayed on for Kate Nash, who i do like, but i think an open setting was not quite right for her. It was so hot anyways that i stayed under the shaded tent just to cool down. A- brought me some ibuprofen as a precautionary so i could enjoy the rest of the day.


Meanwhile, Miss T staked a spot during Cafe Tacvba and got us a sweet deal when DCFC came on. Is it just me or did Ben Gibbard lose some weight? He was a cutie today but i was disappointed with the set list. I guess in keeping with the rock vibe they made sure most songs were upbeat. Hadn't realized most of my favourite songs were the sad ones. I left A and Miss T at the Coachella stage to get up front and close for Kraftwerk while i wandered of to see Rilo Kiley. I was surprised at the crowd there! but either i missed my favourite song "Smoke Detector" or they didn't perform it. By the time i headed back to Kraftwerk, they were in full swing.


Now i'm not a few Kraftwerk fan. But the rest of the gang was definitely on a high. I tried to elbow my way to the front after to join them but seems like there was a huge crowd for Portishead which was sched-ed right after.


Highlight of day 2 was cutie pie Calvin Harris of course. He was so good! It's been almost a year since i've been wanting to see him in the US. I'm glad he had a fairly good crowd attending as well. I just wished i wore shorts instead of a dress. I couldn't jump up and down that much due my skirts flying about when i jumped. The night ended with me being a little pissy coz I was chasing the rest of the gang around. I guess i wanted to stay for Enter Shikari and was a little upset that i was running around for 1/2 hour instead of spending half an hour at the Mojave tent. They didn't attract much of a crowd though, which must have been hard. :(

No comments: