Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The way to suck an egg...

Goodness knows what that means but it's a line from one of my fav songs. The night started out with a band called "Fist Fight". Semi experimental i suppose- definitely not mainstream. She had this interesting contraption that was a phone handset that transposed her voice to sound like she was on a megaphone. Unfortunately- shouting voices into a megaphone doesn't seem quite melodic to me. But kudos to them for being different. I must admit it looked like they had a fan base.

Klaxons came on stage much much later- or did it feel late coz i was tired- but i was still pretty excited! Was edging my way into the mosh pit in hopes that the energy will whisk me away like it did @ the XFM tent. But it didn't :( They sounded good- but the SF crowd kinda just stood there like statues (with the exception of the small moshing pit in front). I can't put my finger on what was wrong. Perhaps it was the stage lighting- i was so close but couldn't even get any decent shots. This was the best shot i could get of cutie pie James Righton aka- Josh Harnett's lil' bro in our circle.
I made a comment that perhaps it was the sound system- but Sophie said it sounded fine. So what was it? I hate to admit this but i think it was the lame SF crowd. Perhaps Klaxons will gain more popularity with MTV featuring them as "fresh" artists- but that was a month ago. They're definitely pioneers in introducing new sounds to the stage. So they're still my fav.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lenny lovie!! could you please send me some pics of our cutie pie Mr. Righton :) Any other good ones?