Saturday, June 9, 2007

2 Rum and Cokes and a Screwdriver...

apparently isn't a good combo. Lightweight that i am, if i had a 4th drink- i would not have made it all the way home. Apparently sleeping in the "VIP" lounge area was not allowed too. Sweetie barman/bouncer woke me up gently by tapping my leg, so at least i didn't wake up pissy.


The night kicked off with Every Move a Picture. Hmm, catchy band name? I'll leave that for you to decide. We saw them looking cool in the VIP area and were guessing they belonged to a band because they had that "look". But when the lead went on stage to perform, i definitely gave him a + 10 points. When he pumped his fist in the air and showed a strip of waistline, +10 points. When I found out his name was Brent +10. All of the above plus being a local band, priceless. But i couldn't help but think that if they added a little more nonesensical catchy vocal ooo-ing and ahh-ing, ala Fratellis, Klaxons, Kaiser Cheifs- I would have drooled a little more.

Back to more lounging at the VIP area- cool peeps that we are before The Lovemakers came on and there I was in groupie mode pushing myself while dragging Gigi to the front. Boy was it worth it! I love them. I don't know what else to say. They were the highlight of my night. I love Lisa's new wild hair and Scott definitely brought "sexy back".


About half past midnight, LCD Soundsystem emerged (see picture on how far I was from the stage). Was not surviving the alcohol and the stresses of the week (what can i say, i'm not a huge partay-er) and started dozing. So I sent my goodbyes to the rest of the peeps via text and gathered Gigi and Paul and descended from the VIP lounge staircase. North American Scum was playing in the background. Um, yea- they're not English.

No comments: