Saturday, June 23, 2007

Une billet sil vous plait!

I rushed out of my hotel and headed off to the Porte St. Cloud Station. As soon as i got off, somebody was in the station waving tickets. Not to miss out since i'm here on a whim, I approached him and asked "Parlez vous Anglais?" Fortunately he did and he sold me the ticket for two euro less than the face value (70 Euro total) and even gave me a Kit Kat bar. Out of the station i went with the rest of the crowd to find many many many other scalpers and also concert go-ers selling their tics too. Perhaps I was too hasty? But no worries- as long as i didn't over pay- I'm happy. In fact this is the first time i've ever bought a tic from a scalper- the transaction wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be- perhaps the Kit Kat won me over. Ahh... Parc des Princes is not has large as Wembley- hence i got a better view. A UK band named Archive was performing. Truthfully- not my cup of tea at all- it got a little better- but then it went back to- you suck. Patiently i waited once more to see my beloved Matt, Dom and Chris. (I also found later that I missed Biffy Clyro- who i'm curious about). Here they are for their dramatic entrance from the center of the stadium. I'm happy to say it wasn't an exact same line-up at Wembley. And perhaps I was closer, I felt the energy in Paris was much higher in comparison to Wembley- there were middle age people attending too! What an interesting fan base they have. However, I was semi tired and was zoning in and out throughout. Fortunately, the organizers must be fairly used to this set-up and there was crowd control on Le Metro heading back to the hotel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so jealous!!! sounds like a great time!!! lets go again!!!

kat