Sunday, June 17, 2007

Live @ Wembley!

This is it! The moment i've been waiting for. I can now proudly say that i've been at the famous Wembley Stadium. Indeed, i was exteremely impressed with how orderly everything was conducted here. I was a little worried after my experience of utter dissarray at the O2 Fest. So up i went to my nosebleed section seat. I walked in when My Chemical Romance was performing. A semi warm welcome from from me and the English too i would say- but i did start to mouth words from Helena when they performed that piece. In between sets, I participated for the first time in a mexican wave- a little pre show/ in between show entertainment before Muse came on.

As expected the whole crowd went ballistic as Muse entered the stadium from the center walkway. My nosebleed section wasn't the best- view wise and soundwise :-(, i fervently wished i was in the massive crowd in the general admission area-i might have hated it though if i was in the thick of things, I just wished i was closer. They kicked of the show with Knights of Cydonia and lots confetti showering the crowd. The highlight of the show were these brilliant balloon trapeze artists floating high above the crowd as Matt sang Soldier's Poem (I think). Oh! Correction, it was Blackout.

As I followed the herd of people heading towards Wembley Park Underground- I met two other Muse fans, Dave and Kev. Sweeties that they are kept me company and teased me about my american accent till i got off at Tottenham Court Road. xxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Muse at the newly rebuilt Wembley! totally jealous!!! When will my dream of catching the Verve reunited in a London gig come true...sigh

Lenny said...

Sophie darling! You must! You just must go! Go and get your visa stamped there as an excuse to visit. I know all the ins and outs now and it's fairly simple. I'll come with :)

Unknown said...

i know lenny! if i can only stop watching all these damn local gigs and finally save some moolah!

plane ticket to england in november - $850
english visa processing - $500
visa stamp - $200
misc expenses for 2 weeks in london - $3000+
catching the Verve live after 9 years on my birthday weekend - priceless

:D

Lenny said...

Bite the bullet Sophie and just do it! I spent a bomb when i was there too but no regrets at all!

Unknown said...

Lenny, enjoyed your post! Wembley! Its just so wow!